The Tintri Automation Toolkit version 1.5 is now released. The Automation Toolkit allows you to manage Tintri VMstore and TGC using PowerShell. It can be obtained from Tintri Support download page under the “Download” tab, and you need a login.
The Automation Toolkit QuickStart Overview Guide can be downloaded from Tintri Support download page under the “User Guides” tab. Scroll down to “3/2/2015 entry: “Tintri Automation Toolkit Quick Start Overview Guide”. The guide lists all the PowerShell cmdlets, discusses how to get help and authentication, and has code samples. See my previous PowerShell post for pictures on how to download.
The 1.5 version highlights are:
- Hyper-V VM management
- Delete Snapshot
- SMB Share management
- Support v310 Tintri API servers (as well as v300)
- View datastore level statistics from TGC 1.1
- On-line help improvements
Just like VMware VMs can be piped to Tintri cmdlets, so can Hyper-V VMs be piped to Tintri cmdlets. This is what it means to be virtually aware storage.
Tintri Automation Toolkit examples are now being posted on GitHub. Check-out the following examples that demonstrate the new features:
- GetHyperVmSnapshots.ps1 shows how to integrate with Hyper-V VMs
- SMBShareManagement.ps1 shows how to manage access control lists on SMB shares
- SnapshotDeletion.ps1 shows how to create and delete a snapshot.
Over time, more PowerShell examples will be added, so check periodically.
Enjoy the new features,
– Rick –